Thursday, January 31, 2008

Recommendation from a Hiker

Recommendation from a Hiker
By Larry d. Wright

Whenever and wherever hikers meet their conversation soon centers around the coolest gear on the market and personal recommendations that can make the hike safe and enjoyable. As a hiker who enjoys the beauty of the outdoors, I am interested in any new gadget that will keep me from getting lost. I need someone to guide me on the trail.

That’s what I like about Jesus! Personally, I have made the decision to follow Him because He is the perfect guide for life. In fact, I am so satisfied that I have no hesitation in recommending Him to everyone as the guide to follow in life and eternity. One of His most outstanding claims was “I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except by me.”

Jesus is the perfect guide because He knows where He is going and how to safely guide His followers to their earthly and eternal destiny. What are His qualifications? Jesus walked on earth and offered His life as a sacrifice to become a personal GPS for everyone who has lost their way.

Jesus said, “I am the way” because He offers the way out. Life can be messy and as confusing as a maze. Our sin and selfishness causes us to walk in circles and encounter dead ends. We need a way out of the mess and maze of life. Jesus is that way. Sin did not defeat or frustrate Him so He knows the way out of the mess.

I recommend Jesus as the guide for your life because He also offers the way in. In fact, He is the only person who offers a way to be rightly related to God and enjoy rightness in life. The real purpose and pleasure of life is to know God and enjoy Him forever. He said, “No man can come to the Father except by me.” You cannot get to the heavenly Father by your own efforts. You need a guide and Jesus is the only guide who knows the way.

Jesus is the perfect guide because He knows the way up or should I say, “the way home.” He said, “In my Fathers house are many dwelling places…I go to prepare a place for you.” This life is temporary and the wise person makes preparation for eternity. I recommend Jesus!

No comments: